Sunday, April 1, 2012

Words VS Actions

My friend Tre, has been complaining about his single life saying he’s tired of screwing around. He says he’s finally ready to settle down into a real relationship. The problem is that he doesn’t seem to be willing to break the habits of promiscuity.  He says wants to build a good strong healthy relationship, but he always seems to fall into bed prematurely with the person. I know for men that sex is just sex. It’s not an emotional experience the way it is for a woman. So when Tre tells me he just met a woman that he is interested in and then a few days later he tells me they have slept together, its reasonable that I should be skeptical about his aforementioned desires.  His interest and the consummation of his interest has all happened within a week.  It’s when these things occur that I doubt Tre’s sincerity of being ready to settle down.
Tre is almost 30. He’s an attractive black man. He has his head on straight and his priorities in order. Now that Tre is saying he’s tired of screwing around, as his friend I immediately start to look for signs of a man that is seriously looking for a woman to marry. But then he pulls a stunt like this. Meet a woman and sleep with her all in the same week.  Since Tre’s a man, I can’t really look down on that cause it is socially accepted if not morally, but Tre’s actions seem to be contrary to what he has said.  He says he’s tired of screwing around but he seems to be doing just that.
all-talk-no-action
Now, I know Tre will not agree with this in the least, but I feel he’s still not looking for a serious relationship.  I think he’s just tired of chasing booty and just wants one booty to be available to him all the time.  This doesn’t mean he’s ready to say “I do.” I don’t even think he’s really looking for a woman to marry, because his actions say otherwise. He just wants an “In-house booty.” “In-house booty,” for those that have never heard the term before is the booty you don’t have to go out and hunt. It’s booty you go home to. Doesn’t necessarily mean they live together. It just means he doesn’t have to put that much effort into getting in their pants because they are already in a relationship. She will be a woman that will give him sex when he wants it and he will give the appearance of a marriage minded person in return. 
The reason I say this is because Tre’s habits in dating has not changed. Tre probably feels he’s old enough and having multiple partners is for young and immature men. He wants to separate himself from that group and I think he also wants the companionship of being in a relationship, and avoid the risks of screwing around. Plus he’s really big on cuddling.  Another reason I think he’s just looking for “in-house booty,” is because he keeps dating women much younger than him. In their early 20’s.  Women are often thinking about marriage. In most cases, the younger they are the further away it is in their future.  I know when I was 22 marriage was still a few years off and dating was just for fun. Now that I am older the way I date is differently. My expectations in a man are higher, because I am not just looking at who will be a good boyfriend for a while. I am looking at who will be a good husband for the rest of my life and who will be a good father for my future kids.  Tre’s actions don’t seem like a man searching for a wife or the mother of his kids.
Now Tre could prove me wrong. But for now, his actions are the opposite of his words. Do men feel that they can sleep with a woman on the within a certain amount of time and still see her as a possible mother of his kids and future wife?

No comments: