Thursday, May 21, 2009

Gold Diggers


Everyone knows Kanye West's song "Gold Digger,
"Now I ain't sayin she's a gold digger
But she ain't messin' with no broke nigga"

Now is seems to me that in the Black community in America, black men have a habit of calling black women "Gold Diggers" if they don't want to deal with a broke man. I often wonder why well to do black men look at their sisters as "gold diggers," and marry white women (who could just as easily want them for their money) but see the white women as having standards. STOP

Now are you telling me, its cool for me to deal with you as long as you have nothing, but as soon as you get something I'm a "gold digger" and you're going to date a white woman. STOP

I am not white so I don't know if white men call their women "gold diggers" the way black men do, but if they do, I wonder where do they differentiate between having STANDARDS and plain gold digging. It also seems like more white men are trained to take care of their women and families. STOP

But once again, black men say they don't want a "Gold Digger," but they go out and buy all these things to perpetuate a certain lifestyle. Flaunt any financial stability they have and say "you can't want me for my finances or anything you think I can buy," then turn around and say "look at all these things I can buy you if you were my woman." Now isn't that a contradicting hot mess? PLEASE STOP

Now I have been told by many real men, that any man that won't take care of his wife and family is not man. It should be a matter of pride to be able to provide for any woman that you will make your wife. I personally think that black women have low standards when its to men. Every relationship is based off of give and take, but if you have nothing, it only makes sense for you to get nothing. If you won't deal with a woman that doesn't have anything, why should women deal with you when you have nothing to offer?

So tell black ladies tell me your observation of dating black men, please understand this is not a men bashing thing; just keep it real. Do you think that our standards are low or do we just end up settling for less? Men, what's really going through your head about women seeking financial stability? Do you really think of it as gold diggin' ? Please illuminate...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so interesting that you wrote about this because I just terminated my first relationship with a male gold digger -YES THEY EXIST. My thoughts are this: there is nothing wrong with expecting a man to pay for the movie tickets here and there or dinner. but DON'T MOOCH/LEECH. have your own too. In dating, relationships, etc. both individuals should be ADDING value to each other, not one sucking the other dry. The collective collaboration should be THAT much greater than they were by themselves. That being said, because I DO have my own, if a dude can't even MATCH what I bring to the table, he gets no further. I can do GREAT by myself. Lexi